Friday, April 10, 2009

Planet Fitness

Hi Guys--

A lot of my trainer friends rave about this place. I knew my son wanted a new place to work out at, so we took a tour.

I have to tell you. I was impressed. Right off the bat, I could not believe how clean it was. As you all know, I have worked at many fitness centers. They are usually filthy. There are dust bunnies on the floor. The floors and walls are not cleaned enough. Mat are a breeding ground of disease and germs. Not this place. They were actually cleaning the mats when I walked in. In fact, they were constantly cleaning.

And FRIENDLY....from the front desk staff to the people on the floor. They went out of their way. Every question I asked was treated seriously and answered immediately with knowledge and concerns.

The amount of machines were unbelievable. I have not seen this many since I was in New York or Washington, DC. There is an entire abdominal section. There is a 30 minute workout area if you don't have much time.

Well, my son has been there a couple of weeks and loves it. He said that he gets a much better workout there because there is no goofing around. His friends told me that, at most gyms, people do more talking than working out. Not here. Michael was actually sore after his workouts.

Michael's membership was $1 down and $10 per month. There are no commitments. He can quit at anytime or transfer the membership.

The women that go there told me that they use the Recs for classes and wind out spending far less money.

Check it out.

Have a great Passover and Easter all!
Marisa

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.

April 10, 2009 at 4:57 AM  
Blogger Screwed said...

I didn't find the weekend staff nice at all. There are young people there generally who don't even acknowledge you when you walk in. I ended up with a cocky, condenscending "part timer" who said there was no corporate phone number and it's my own fault that my membership lapsed. I still say it would be good customer service to have received a reminder. But no worries. I'll be taking my business's money to another gym.

August 8, 2010 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger Mary Leonardi said...

As a Company: the customer service is horrible. The facility that I use to go to is very very dirty. I have pictures would you like for me to post them? I cancelled my membership after 6 months. The worst experience EVER.
I dare you to post this.

November 28, 2012 at 2:49 AM  
Blogger Mary Leonardi said...

As a Company: the customer service is horrible. The facility that I use to go to is very very dirty. I have pictures would you like for me to post them? I cancelled my membership after 6 months. The worst experience EVER.
I dare you to post this.

November 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home